Acrobat CLIFF washers don't fit PCB

Has anyone else discovered that the FCR14422 washers don't fit the Acrobat? The holes on the PCB are too far forward. They should be right next to the first row of pins for the S4 jacks. I tried bending the pins on the washer, but they snapped off. Is there another way to ground the PCB to the enclosure? Or is there another washer model that will work?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• FCR14422.png
    FCR14422.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Acrobat.png
    Acrobat.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 10
Solution
They definitely should fit, I've built two Acrobats as well as several new prototypes that all use the same footprint.

Did your jacks come with spacer washers? You need those.

The FCR14422 goes on after the spacers, not flush against the body of the jack.

See the little tab on the FCR14422? It should snap under the front edge of the jack and lock in place, then you can install the jack/spacers/washer as a single "assembly" into the PCB.
They definitely should fit, I've built two Acrobats as well as several new prototypes that all use the same footprint.

See the little tab on the FCR14422? It should snap under the front edge of the jack and lock in place, then you can install the jack/spacers/washer as a single "assembly" into the PCB.

Last edited:
Solution

Thank you, Robert! I had pulled a couple of old S4 jacks. They didn't have the plastic washers, so I didn't even think about it. (Big DUH! on my part.)

Back