Advice and recommendations need- what pedal is my customer looking for?

KR Sound

I made him a BM/Kliche Boost dual pedal and now he’s looking for another pedal and here are his thoughts. If you have a recommendation, I’d love to hear it!

“Hey dude! What if I said I need another pedal? I played a show last night using the one you made me and it rules! I had the boost on most for a lot of the set and hit the fuzz for choruses. It was killer

But, I think I need a medium/low gain overdrive for leads. Something thicker and more saturated than the clean boost, but still loud.

I'm using that 1981 DRv pedal now, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

Earthquaker plumes is a little thin.

OCD is too dark. Oneder old blue is close. Benson pre-amp really just made it louder but didn't have much character. Something like the Greer Lightspeed might be cool.

Well, what do you think? Anything better than a lightspeed that would fit what I'm looking for?”

He plays into an 80s JCM800
I’ll probably go looking through the build demos here too. Any recs are greatly appreciated.

Colorsound overdriver!
Agreed!

I got this one with a boost incoming.

"The SCHWARZDRIVE is inspired by the classic Colorsound Overdriver, and a bit of a mashup of the Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest and the Throbak Overdrive Boost. The boost footswitch bypasses the Pre pot to give the circuit the full input signal, the Girth rotary switch selects the input cap, and the Germ switch adds some germanium clipping before the tone section. This will fit in a 1590BB enclosure, though top mounted jacks might be a bit of a squeeze, so I’ve included a 125BB drill template as well."

Back