Aion FX Emerald Resonant Phaser

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Very cool project for the Boss PH-1r. I love me a good phaser and this does not disappoint. This phaser with a fuzz sounds fantastic. It's a bit warmer than the Phase 90 but still has a nice pronounced swirl/swoosh.

It was a pretty straightforward build. I used the matched set of JFETs from Aion so that made things much easier. Fired right up on first try. Don't have much more to add. It's a great DIY phaser.

Graphics are inspired by the original.

Attachments

• 20231209_103153.jpg
    20231209_103153.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231209_103053.jpg
    20231209_103053.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231209_102945.jpg
    20231209_102945.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 46
Very cool project for the Boss PH-1r. I love me a good phaser and this does not disappoint. This phaser with a fuzz sounds fantastic. It's a bit warmer than the Phase 90 but still has a nice pronounced swirl/swoosh.

It was a pretty straightforward build. I used the matched set of JFETs from Aion so that made things much easier. Fired right up on first try. Don't have much more to add. It's a great DIY phaser.

You are making me regret that I didn’t order one with the Turkey sale! Great job!

I may whip a demo up at some time. FWIW @MichaelW did do a little demo on it. Gives a good idea of it.
Baritone?! 🤢Tele?! 🤮 🤮

Loving the vocal sounds that's capable of, and it sounds awesome post-dirt which is something I've been looking for (I run my DuoPhase-ivibe just before my dirts)
Definitely adding it to my next Aion order

Baritone?! 🤢Tele?! 🤮 🤮

Loving the vocal sounds that's capable of, and it sounds awesome post-dirt which is something I've been looking for (I run my DuoPhase-ivibe just before my dirts)
I think it would be right up your alley.

I think it would be right up your alley.

The only JFET Phasers I've built have been the MXR versions, and they're always super meh to me. But this one and the Altered State by LectricFX are definitely piquing my interest

Baritone?! 🤢Tele?! 🤮 🤮

I built the Emerald at @Guardians of the analog recommendation, he hasn't steered me wrong yet. It's a great phaser! Lots of sounds in it.

@VanWhy Do your own demo's dude!! (j/k) :ROFLMAO:

What do you mean by “warmer”?

What do you mean by “warmer”?
I guess maybe warmer wasn't the best adjective but its less pronounced compared to a Phase 90. Even though it has the same amount of stages. To me it sounds a bit warmer in tone compared to some of the piercing tones on the Phase 90.

Organic and warm are overly used terms in this industry/hobby but this thing is definitely warmer. I'm not a phaser guy so I'm not easily impressed but I like the fact that this is a bit more mid focused to my ears and is capable of being a lot more subtle/or not than the MXR variant. I dunno, it's different and I like it.

Back