DEMO Aion FX Lithium (EHX Small Clone)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Decided it was time I finally built one of these. I've had several different vendors versions of this board on hand, but never really felt motivated to put one together until now.

No real mods, though I did opt to use the MN3207, which involves a few components not found in the 3007 version. I made the delay time toggle an external control, and decreased R24 from 20k to 15k for a smidge more wet signal when Mix is dimed.

It's a chorus pedal that doesn't do anything too silly. It sounds good, but it's not something I'd ever really use enough to put on my board. Though, it has kinda gotten me thinking of doing one with no external controls for a set n forget tone sweetener / thickener

1000019506.jpg 1000019502.jpg

The board is laid out well, but getting the daughterboard in was a pain in the ass. It was my fault- I used a PPCB template instead of Aion's. Easy enough build, and with the 3207, it wasn't really any extra work

Mine was on my board for most of the year. It definitely is a fun chorus. It’s especially good at faster speeds. I did, recently, out my CE-2 back on the board…I forgot how great slow chorus is…

I'm really diggin'
- the cat (sorry, I still haven't figured out who's who, is that Chonk? I want it to be Chonk, 'cause I just love the name "Chonk")
- the pedal demo's extreme settings with palm-muting
- the sock
- and maybe most of all the idea of a knobless version. Trimmers with similar settings to 6:00- in the vid.

I'm really diggin'
- the cat (sorry, I still haven't figured out who's who, is that Chonk? I want it to be Chonk, 'cause I just love the name "Chonk")
- the pedal demo's extreme settings with palm-muting
- the sock
- and maybe most of all the idea of a knobless version. Trimmers with similar settings to 6:00- in the vid.
Yeah, that's Chonk. If you watch my other recent demos, you can hear him vocalizing in the background. He's made himself my pedal building assistant

That was actually the setting I had in mind, too. It's subtle, but adds just enough depth and movement to be interesting. I've got a few more of these boards, so I'll revisit it after this batch of commissions

Back