Ambassador - Matchless Hotbox project

Unfortunately no, I'm not in a position to offer full custom enclosures. One of these days I may get around to putting together Tayda drill templates for all my stuff so people can have more options than just bare enclosures from me, but it hasn't happened yet.
I love those Bare Eclosures, Just the Black Print would be Great!

Do you realize that your Ambassador build docs still say "Black Eye build instructions" on the page header??

Looking forward to getting started this weekend. At least I can figure out what parts I'm missing...there's usually at least one...

EQ is a Fender-ish stack with fixed mids. Schematic is in the build doc.
On my build the bass control is acting like a cut. As in turning it up removes all of the bass. The treble control works the opposite way and boosts treble as its turned up. It absolutely rips and is loud as hell, but I’m just wondering if that’s how the tone section is supposed to work.

On my build the bass control is acting like a cut. As in turning it up removes all of the bass. The treble control works the opposite way and boosts treble as its turned up. It absolutely rips and is loud as hell, but I’m just wondering if that’s how the tone section is supposed to work.
Which Leg on the Bass control is going to Ground?

fender tone stack!?
It's a Vox tone stack. All things considered though it's pretty close to fender/marshall relative to cut/boost tone stacks and the other weird stuff floating out there, so it's not unusual to hear the general design referred to as an FMV tone stack.

Gonna be a while before I can build one of these but I've been toying with the idea of cutting the lug to ground- it'd be like a 3 knob fender/marshall tone stack with the mids permanently cranked.

Back