Amplifyfun UV printing.

I was trying to figure out how to make a file for Tayda with inkscape, then just gave up. I didn't have the cash at the time to buy Affinity Designer so it got put on the backburner. What is the process like for AmplifyFun? All the pics on their IG look really good.

I was trying to figure out how to make a file for Tayda with inkscape, then just gave up. I didn't have the cash at the time to buy Affinity Designer so it got put on the backburner. What is the process like for AmplifyFun? All the pics on their IG look really good.
In my experience all you need is vectors for the lettering and any reasonably high resolution format graphics in CMYK format and Spencer will take it from there. I tried vectorizing my artwork on the Mantis Shrimp ones and Spencer recommended not doing that unless I wanted a glitrchy look, which apparently some people do like quite a bit. I thought it was kind of cool but the results we got from a ~3500 x 2000 pixel JPG look a lot better than what I initially sent him, for sure.

The first issue I ran into was that the template I got from Spencer didn’t look correct in Inkscape, they were all scaled up and I never figured out a way to fix them. Did anybody have that problem?
It's a known issue with Inkscape. I have scaled down versions of a few of his templates as SVGs if you'd like them. Though, knowing you it's 1590B and I didn't do that one :)

It's a known issue with Inkscape. I have scaled down versions of a few of his templates as SVGs if you'd like them. Though, knowing you it's 1590B and I didn't do that one :)
I haven’t used 1590B yet! I have a bunch of builds in the backlog but since we started the renovation all my stuff is packed. So I’ll take them!

Ordered enclosures Monday from LMS, printed by Amplifyfun yesterday, at my local post office this morning:

AF_WTHPF.jpg

The one on the right in different lighting:

WTHPF_Chameleon.jpg

Last edited:
Back