Another Hydra

I used a similar color for my Hydra pedal. I think the faceplate looks great and fortunately lined up really well with the case that I had drilled while waiting for the board to arrive. Also used a button for the footswith, although I had to use some epoxy putty to mount it because the top of the momentary footswitch I used with the bypass board is smaller than the standard top of the 3pdt footswitch. Used a green LED that is clear when it is not powered.

hydra2.jpg Hydra1.jpg

Looks great! Where did you get the led cover?

My new favorite LED cover is using the translucent flat circular single-stud Lego pieces and a small bit of epoxy to glue it directly to the top of the case. It opens up a wide array of new and exciting different colors and it gives me flexibility to pull the pedal guts out later without messing with the LED & bezel. Also, I really like how it looks when lit up compared to just a bare LED.

If you don't like the 'Lego' label on there, you can lightly sand it off and buff the top of the Lego stud with some plastic polish....

A word of warning: Some kids (like mine) will absolutely freak out if they find out you're stealing and defacing their Legos...

Back