Any current sources for LM308 out there?

what other goods does he have for pedal builders? Is see some ge diodes but I think I'm good in that respect.
I've bought Ge diodes from him before, he's got the good ITT stuff which I like a lot. Not exactly cheap but they're good.

This time I snagged a couple metal can 308's, some 1S1588's, some Mullard OA90 Ge's, Hughes OA47 Ge's. And topped off on some more pedestrian stuff. (4148's and 914's)

I ordered one lm308 from the "NO BS" guy. I was waffling because most of the drive pedals spend their life in storage. It seems a lot to spend $10 for a part that will spend most of its time in a drawer (it's true of my Ge fuzzes too).

But y'all enablers enabled me.

I think I may just have to get some of these, for science...

Damn it though. I am also gonna have to get a metal can LM4250 or two. Because that should give a pre-Ernie Ball MM 2-band preamp the extra juice.

Man, I ran into a very DIY looking pedal for 600€ on the local used market, and google what the hell it was. Turns out it was a tweaked RAT with a *drumroll* clipping switch. But it was pretty old and apparently legendary to some people (Landgraff M-OD). But I found the layout on Tagboard, and all the comments from 2012 about how LM308's and 1N34's were easy to find were quite depressing :(

I decided to take another stab at Amazon, how do these look to you more experienced people? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076YZ4VQH/

Edit: Same company sells SO-8 LM308's on Ebay https://www.ebay.de/itm/271703446119, seems like a legit german company that also sells wholesale IC's.

Edit2: It looked legit enough so I put in a request for a combination of couple of LM208's and a set of the SO-8 LM308's, wish me luck.

Last edited:
View attachment 52735
The mojo has landed. But for real, are these any more static sensitive than any other opamp?
Mine also arrived. Question for you all (and a humbling one at that…50 pedals in and still don’t know f*** all).

Thought I’d plop one into the dip socket on the main rat I use and no matter how I position it, no sound. What am I doing wrong?

IMG_9138.jpeg
IMG_9137.jpeg

Mine also arrived. Question for you all (and a humbling one at that…50 pedals in and still don’t know f*** all).

Thought I’d plop one into the dip socket on the main rat I use and no matter how I position it, no sound. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 52828
View attachment 52829
If i’m reading this right, the tab is pin 8 and should be to the upper right socket (right of the notch). With the tab at 12 o’clock the pins are numbered ccw.
IMG_4124.jpeg

all the comments from 2012 about how LM308's and 1N34's were easy to find were quite depressing :(
I feel the same way about all of the forum posts from the early 2000s talking about how $250 was on the pricy side for an avocado green Wurlitzer 206A, and how a black 200A in perfect working condition would be fairly priced at $80-120 😩

Was there any reliable way to check if you have legit LM308's? Trying it in a circuit without the compensation cap seems to be the way to go? Or alternatively if pin 5 is connected to something else, although OP07's don't seem to have it connected either.

Back