• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

Basic Workflow Tips for Building a PedalPCB

Bobbyd67

Holy crap... I forgot about this post. Reading the first page really make you realize how much you took for granted Isopropyl alcohol back before this apocalypse were going through xD

Superb post. Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed collection of information. There's a lot of great info here for guys like me rebooting the hobby. Gonna read this a few times through before getting the soldering iron out of mothballs. (y)

jspake

this is an awesome thread, really great info. is there any reason you promote using a step drill bit over standard jobbers, or even screw machine stubby bits?

Barry

this is an awesome thread, really great info. is there any reason you promote using a step drill bit over standard jobbers, or even screw machine stubby bits?
I can drill all the holes with one bit and not have to constantly change

Nostradoomus

It also makes a smoother edge and stays well aligned and if you drill a good pilot hole. I use two different size center punches to get it started.

jspake

i'll give it a shot. while i'm not technically a machinist, i do machinist type work for a living and have never used a step drill. i have noticed people seem to use them a lot of sheet metal and stuff. interesting!

ericrudd

I’m a newb. But recently tried drilling with standard bits and a file, then bought a set of step bits. Never will I try drilling an enclosure without them. There is hardly anything more satisfying than admiring a well drilled hole. Well, maybe having a pedal that works is a close second.