BEHRINGER VINTAGE TUBE MONSTER VT999

droneshotfpv

I bought one of these a while back, swapped tubes, and used a 2a dedicated 9v supply just for this pedal, and it sounded pretty good considering.. Would this also be a possible DIY circuit, or would anyone even want to attempt something such as this? I know I would, and would LOVE to have a DIY version.
Possibly one of the bigger issues though would be a large enough enclosure for the tube, but I am sure it could be sourced.

You do not need big enclosure for a single tube pedal. Often 1590BB is enough. The original enclosure is huge considering what's inside..

FYI - this is reportedly a clone of the MIJ Ibanez Tube King (TK999), which would be awesome to do a DIY of.
Got a TK999 recently and it's pretty amazing with a JJ 5751.

Last edited:
FYI - this is reportedly a clone of the MIJ Ibanez Tube King (TK999), which would be awesome to do a DIY for.
Got a TK999 recently and it's pretty amazing with a JJ 5751.
Thank you for that info. I assumed, being Behringer, that it was a clone of something. Good to know what the original was!

I would build this immediately. Loved the MIJ Tube King I borrowed off my guitar teacher for a music practical exam back in the day. Happy memories.

I'm finishing up an etchable layout for the Ibanez CS-505, and will start tracing out my MIJ TK999 after.
For as little voltage as is running through it, the tubes sure do make a difference.

I'm finishing up an etchable layout for the Ibanez CS-505, and will start tracing out my MIJ TK999 after.
For as little voltage as is running through it, the tubes sure do make a difference.
Would you be happy to share the schematic? I have started to get PCBs manufactured for boards I can't easily buy, this might be another project I try.

Would you be happy to share the schematic? I have started to get PCBs manufactured for boards I can't easily buy, this might be another project I try.

I've had this for a while, and was working out an original PCB for it in Illustrator, then just decided to hunt one down to see if it's worth building. It is....

Thought it might be easier to reverse-engineer it where I can; there is one main board, one EQ board and the small board/mount for the tube. I don't use the Noise Reduction circuit, so I'd leave that out.

Back