Blue Shoe Gui Pan

Maybe I should get a Mid Boost on some of my dirt pedals. Oh wait! My Frost Drive has that. I can't wait for the build docs so I can see whose circuit Josh plagiarized this time.

This one looks unique, but no way to know until the schematic is released. Given the complexity, I bet JHS hired a designer for this one.

I'm gonna take a guess and say it's a JFET distortion 'pushed' by a parametric EQ, hence the ability to sculp the mids and two gain controls. Might even have a charge-pump like the SuperBolt.

If it is the above, it's exactly what I've been looking for; you get both the 'Always On' JFET Preamp type overdrive, with the ability to pre-emphasize the mids (like a tubescreamer) if you're going into a scooped clean amp.

My guess is for a change JHS plagiarized two of their own pedals: Thunderbolt and Haunting Mids. We'll know for sure when pedalPCB publishes the schematic.

That's probably it. The 'Push' control is probably the volume boost from the Haunting Mids.

I love the JFET overdrives; RoG Supreux Deux, JHS Superbolt are both great. Flexibile mids to get you into TS territory is a no brainer and this will definitely end up on my pedalboard.

I just finished a runoffgroove Thunderbird. It's a Marshall emulator realized with opamps & diodes. Pretty elaborate, sounds great. Even more so when pushed by a TS. Once I get the front panel decorated, I'll post it in Build Reports.

[typo corrected in 1st sentence]

Last edited:
Chuck I think you’re referring to the run off groove thunderbird (just trying to avoid confusing folks). That looks like it will be an impressive build.

The JHS Superbolt is indeed a copy of the run off groove supreux (but run at 18v). Rog changed some elements and bumped up the voltage to 18v for the supreux deux, but the JHS is more close (extremely close) to the original supreux.

Edit: I originally said jhs thunderbolt, changed it to jhs superbolt.

Last edited:
Any chance to get a BOM soon ?

Another quick buy without checking BOM availability... :(

Code:
1      330R     
1      1K5      
1      2K7      
2      3K3      
4      4K7      
2      5K6      
1      6K8      
3      10K