Boss CE-2/Madbean Pork Barrel

manfesto

Just built a Madbean Pork Barrel (left off the blend control so it’s just a CE-2 clone) and it sounds amazing but was a pain to assemble, a *great* reminder of just how much easier and sturdier PedalPCB builds are! I’d build a PedalPCB CE-2 workalike in a heartbeat

The Pork Barrel has some jumpers that allow it to be built with either the original MN3007/3101, or the much easier to source MN3207/3102 or V3207/V3102, which was super convenient

My guess:
Nice. Looking forward to seeing what that ‘lag’ pot is and how it’s implemented.

Personal commentary: I’d like to add that I think that the pork barrel board is excellent and a worthwhile project for the CE-2 chorus. It does a great job of eliminating clock noise and population was quite straightforward. The build doc is comprehensive as well.

The "lag" pot is essential. It takes things to a whole 'nuther level. ;)

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Madbean.
Brian is a great guy and his work is excellent. I don't think the DIY scene would be what it is today without his projects.

The "lag" pot is essential. It takes things to a whole 'nuther level. ;)

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Madbean.
Brian is a great guy and his work is excellent. I don't think the DIY scene would be what it is today without his projects.
Care to divulge what’s actually going on there? The ad copy is terrible at addressing it.

100% agreed about Madbean stuff in general (*especially* when it comes to documentation), his stuff sounds *amazing* and is still amongst the most straightforward builders, just after doing so many PedalPCB builds in a row I missed the little things like having values screen printed on the PCB so I don’t have to keep going back to the build doc and having it already designed for a 125B with top jacks (it was totally my fault, but I didn’t move the template far enough down for top jacks when I put my pork barrel in a 125B and the tip of an inserted cable would poke the board)

Madbean also seems to be adopting a new layout style for 2020 that supports 1590B and 125B enclosures, providing a little more elbow room for some builds. Maybe this is at least partially in response to the popularity of the 125B designs from pedalpcb.

Maybe this is at least partially in response to the popularity of the 125B designs from pedalpcb.

I've checked many DIY PCB sites yesterday and as a guy like me "who doesn't know what he's doing"™ , I can't imagine right now doing stuff from other PCB makers. Maybe in a year I will feel different...

What not to love to put parts on a "10k" label instead of R12... ;)

Back