Boss DS-1

Yes, the way you describe will work. I did it this way. Same result because C100 is so much bigger than C101. Note: the stock soft-switching is not shown in the schematic below.

View attachment 19918
Ahh I see that makes sense, but I never would think to do that. Thanks Chuck! Going to try and work on this soon... got sidetracked running down a hum in my used marshall 2203 reissue I got online recently. Excited to throw this in front of it!

I built an AionFX Comet and, while it was pretty good, it just seemed like it didn't quit capture the same sound as a Boss DS-1...especially a modded one. I ended up picking up a MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion which is spot on. That's my DS-1 placeholder for now.

I built an AionFX Comet and, while it was pretty good, it just seemed like it didn't quit capture the same sound as a Boss DS-1...especially a modded one. I ended up picking up a MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion which is spot on. That's my DS-1 placeholder for now.
When you say modded, what mod are you referring to? I honestly am less than impressed with the DS-1 I have but I get that it isn't one of the good mojo one's from pre 94 or whatever.

Back