bread boarding Silismile fuzz face question

You might find this useful meanwhile:

I breadboarded some of his stuff at the beginning of my own journey into electronics.

I breadboarded some of his stuff at the beginning of my own journey into electronics.
Joe Gore is one of my heroes. He’s a true legend, and no one’s ever heard of him…

Let me know when it reaches you and I’ll help you get the right parts. I need to build mine soonish but waiting to place a Tayda order.

And BTW I (ahem) I pay a small fortune in shipping costs because we don’t have a cheap option available. Doesn’t seem the slightest deterrent, though 😉

Customs duty is also pretty hit or miss. Same applies. Later, all best.
Awesome. I will.

thanks
Pb

that looks like a really useful site! surprised I didn't find it googling.

thanks
pb

hi all
After several rebuildings, i get no output other than radio stations 🙄.

This is a bread board attempt at the fuzz face with si bc108. I am wondering about the orientation of these. From what i can tell the peak on the cap points closer to the pin 1.

I can see the bias voltage and i set it to 4.6v, the led lights up. Is there something else i should check with the Dmm?

I am testing with a strat with hot rails.

Here is a pic. Any ideas? I think i have been looking at it too long.

Here is the schematic

Thanks
Pb

hi all
After several rebuildings, i get no output other than radio stations 🙄.

This is a bread board attempt at the fuzz face with si bc108. I am wondering about the orientation of these. From what i can tell the peak on the cap points closer to the pin 1.

I can see the bias voltage and i set it to 4.6v, the led lights up. Is there something else i should check with the Dmm?

I am testing with a strat with hot rails.

Here is a pic. Any ideas? I think i have been looking at it too long.

Here is the schematic

Thanks
Pb
First thing: plug your 9v into row 28, and have the diode go from row 28 to the power rail…

Also, is there anything else plugged into to row 2 right hand side?…

Also, electrolytic caps need to be oriented positive to negative when they are in the signal path. Signal flows from positive to negative, so flip that first cap on the input…

The tab on the BC108 is the emitter, base is in the middle…

Last edited:
Back