Breadboard Simulator Software

Just curious: Why would you want to simulate a breadboard.

I thought breadboarding was the simulation of the circuit?

Not really wanting to simulate anything, I travel a lot these days and wanted something I could use as practice when I am not at the bench if that makes sense. Something I could transfer over when I got home. Maybe I am weird.

Not really wanting to simulate anything, I travel a lot these days and wanted something I could use as practice when I am not at the bench if that makes sense. Something I could transfer over when I got home. Maybe I am weird.

I think @mdc nailed it. DIYLC (DIY Layout Creator) is what you want.

I downloaded this one awhile back. I can't tell you a lot about it, but it does have a visual breadboard you can build with a component library.

I use graph paper. And then I fold it into airplanes when done.

I at least identify which nodes are overloaded and won’t fit on one breadboard line. And then layout the circuit blocks in a logical pattern. After that, it seems like a waste of time and it’s easier to work the small details on the fly when assembling the board.

Breadboarding is not a crime simulation, to reiterate, NOT A SIMULATION.

Breadboarding IS the circuit, naked, laid bare upon the alter of non-conformity, able to change and be free of the encumbrances of conformity and the shackles of solderity.

Free your transistors, the circuit-path will follow.

Breadboarding IS the circuit, naked, laid bare upon the alter of non-conformity, able to change and be free of the encumbrances of conformity and the shackles of solderity.

That was like, beautiful man. ✊

The trees will burn, but I don't care.
I'll sit by the microwave and lose all my hair.

What do you guys do with the components used in breadboards? With their twisted limbs, crooked joints and bent appendages, do you use them in the final builds or do you keep a stash of sacrificial virgins ready as offerings for the Board of the Bread?

IMO, caps opamps and trannies can definitely be reused for final builds. I bit the bullet and bought a resistor “kit” from Amazon specifically for breadboarding. It came in its own box. They don’t have the quirky values so I dip into my Tayda stash for those.

Back