Brown Betty slowly dying

BurntFingers

Are you referring to the Brown Betty PCB?
That was next on my List!
I'm referring to whatever problem someone was having with a pedal dying after 10 minutes. It really sounds like an electrolytic is losing charge and crapping itself. Same thing happens with boned filter caps in old amps.

music6000

I'm referring to whatever problem someone was having with a pedal dying after 10 minutes. It really sounds like an electrolytic is losing charge and crapping itself. Same thing happens with boned filter caps in old amps.
Yep, that is this Pedal's issue but he has a Bass control that isn't doing much either.
A dry solder joint can have a similiar effect also when things start to warm up.

PJS

If the pot measures an appropriate change in resistance outside the circuit, but no change when it is in the circuit, then it sounds to me as if something else nearby is shorting out near the pot and causing the lack of measured change when you turn the pot.

music6000

If the pot measures an appropriate change in resistance outside the circuit, but no change when it is in the circuit, then it sounds to me as if something else nearby is shorting out near the pot and causing the lack of measured change when you turn the pot.
Or the Trace is damaged!

TSReppe

Happy to announce that this pedal has been fixed! I put a jumper from pin 5 to 7 on ic4 and now it doesn’t die and the bass pot works(its now a linear instead of rev log pot so it reacts all wrong, but that I can live with at least for now).

Thank you all for your help. Especially Music6000! I really appreciate it.