Burnt solder pad for LED on Awful Waffle

D1chotomy

Hey,

I just can't seem to get through a build without messing something up. Put the LED in backwards, then in the process of getting it out... fried the solder pad on the PCB. Probably a dumbass question but is there another place I can wire the Anode leg of the LED to to make it work? This is on the Awful Waffle.

Thanks so much...

Read the schematic to see where the LED connects to the other parts. Then run two wires from the LED to those parts. The "long leg" of the LED will be wired to one side of the 4.7 K resistor and the other leg of the LED will be wired to the middle leg of the row on the 3PDT switch that is closest to the PCB (where the "SW" wire connects in the hook-up diagram in the build document).

You will need to figure out how to mount the LED in your enclosure if you are not able to solder it to the pads on the PCB.

You can also go ahead and put everything together without your LED if you want to fix the LED later. Do you already know if your pedal works when it is not in the enclosure?

Read the schematic to see where the LED connects to the other parts. Then run two wires from the LED to those parts. The "long leg" of the LED will be wired to one side of the 4.7 K resistor and the other leg of the LED will be wired to the middle leg of the row on the 3PDT switch that is closest to the PCB (where the "SW" wire connects in the hook-up diagram in the build document).

You will need to figure out how to mount the LED in your enclosure if you are not able to solder it to the pads on the PCB.

You can also go ahead and put everything together without your LED if you want to fix the LED later. Do you already know if your pedal works when it is not in the enclosure?
Thanks. I definitively need to learn to read schematics better.
I had figured out the 4K7 part, but wasn't sure about the SW part...
Yes, the pedal is working fine otherwise, I tested it yesterday and everything was functioning.
For mounting, I have a LED lens, so it should hold, and I can always put a dab of hot glue to secure it if it's a bit wobbly.
Thanks for your help!

Back