1590BB2 BYOC/buildyourownclone Echo Royal - 1590BB2

Hokinator

Here's my drill template for the Echo Royal from BuildYourOwnClone. The Echo Royal comes with a pre-drilled enclosure, but I wanted to have Tayda UV-print an enclosure, so I had to prepare a drill template. This template assumes a DC jack with an external nut, and includes an extra 0.2mm on the holes to allow for powder-coating.

This is a *very* tight fit - the Tayda 1590BB2 is slightly shallower than the BYOC enclosure - but I was able to make it fit. I did have to ditch the star washers on my jacks and wait to tighten the jack nuts until after I had secured the bottom on the enclosure (the ridge on the enclosure lid is almost right against the jack threads).

Super, how do you like the Echo Royal? I am scoping one out and will need this template for the exact same reason you created it.

Super, how do you like the Echo Royal? I am scoping one out and will need this template for the exact same reason you created it.
It's a great pedal! A little finicky, particularly with the tap tempo, but it sounds lovely. It was a tough build for a relative novice, but worth the pain. Good luck!

lolz..I've gotten bass pedals/boards from him before, even among my book marks next to Robert's store front, currently 'out of stock' so I was wondering if the board was separate like his 1590a projects so I can grab the board and just find the rest like the twin 2399's.....

It's a great pedal! A little finicky, particularly with the tap tempo, but it sounds lovely. It was a tough build for a relative novice, but worth the pain. Good luck!
Thanks. The demos sound good, but I figured I would get the opinion of an actual user before taking the plunge.

Back