Byrdhouse volume drop

The Robot Devil

I've put together a Byrdhouse and I get pass through with no issues. When I stomp the switch however, I get a significant volume drop.

I've tried changing the trim pot, but I still don't get anywhere close to unity volume. IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1048.JPG IMG_1049.JPG IMG_1053.JPG

Looks like all your resistor values are correct from what I can see. I assume the blue cap is 22 and not 2.2 like the black ones. Check pot values, the other yellow cap values that I can’t see, and verify you don’t have any solder shorts and try to reflow all your joints to make sure there’s no cold ones. 👍🏼

As @KR Sound says all your resistors and components that can be seen look to be the correct value and orientation

Check your in and out connections from the pcb to 3PDT pcb they look a little dodgy, from what you say your jack tip connections seem to be OK ie you get full bypassed signal

So you want to ensure when you switch to effects mode full signal is getting into and out of the circuit

So I'd reflow your in and out wires and make sure they get a nice solder connection to the pads

Or if you have an audio probe check signal in on the main pcb in pad to see if it actually gets in at a decent level

Your in wire in particular doesn't look like it has much solder on either end

Try to push the wire through so the insulation sits flush to the board and snip off any excess bare wire on the other side

Flush like this

Last edited:
So you want to ensure when you switch to effects mode full signal is getting into and out of the circuit

So I'd reflow your in and out wires and make sure they get a nice solder connection to the pads

Or if you have an audio probe check signal in on the main pcb in pad to see if it actually gets in at a decent level

Your in wire in particular doesn't look like it has much solder on either end

Try to push the wire through so the insulation sits flush to the board and snip off any excess bare wire on the other side

Flush like this

[/QUOTE]
I don't have an audio probe yet. I need to make myself one.

But I'll try to reflow my wires and see if I have any luck, thank you

Last edited:
Back