SOLVED caesar chorus - tone suck

maertz13

the chorus is chorusing, the bias is carefully set, everything sounds good except when the pedal is engaged i'm loosing about 6dB from 500hz up (reamp box, pink noise, RTA, i'm not a cyborg). as soon as it's bypassed, the high end comes back. checked connections, checked components, nothing is sticking out. this high end loss applies across the board, even with the blend all the way down, which in theory should be almost untouched signal. this leads me to believe that the high end loss is either happening at the input before the split at the first IC, or after the blend knob.

i'm willing to admit i've lost all objectivity and could use another set of eyes on this. i overdid it with the pictures because my light is very aggressive and directional, and at the wrong angle it makes my solder joints look awful because of the shadow

IMG_5814.jpeg IMG_5818.jpeg IMG_5817.jpeg IMG_5815.jpeg IMG_5819.jpeg IMG_5820.jpeg IMG_5816.jpeg

Solution
As I noted, the photo's you provided don't look like your Tester Picture.
I can see that is a 12k resistor in that shot!
You also need to check your capacitors, C8 is 3n3 =332, you used 33nf =333
11.84k. It I hope the answer is that easy, that my tired eyes got one little piece wrong
12K = Brown, Red, Black, Red, Brown.
You need to to take better photo's as it's hard to make out it or others in any of them, it looks like 1k2???
I have blown them all up and it still looks like Brown, not Red on the 4th ring.

12K = Brown, Red, Black, Red, Brown.
You need to to take better photo's as it's hard to make out it or others in any of them, it looks like 1k2???
I have blown them all up and it still looks like Brown, not Red on the 4th ring.

Attachments

• IMG_5821.jpeg
    IMG_5821.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5823.jpeg
    IMG_5823.jpeg
    605.1 KB · Views: 6
As I noted, the photo's you provided don't look like your Tester Picture.
I can see that is a 12k resistor in that shot!
You also need to check your capacitors, C8 is 3n3 =332, you used 33nf =333
wait. WAIT A MINUTE. yep. i'll be dipped. i must've grabbed one too many out of the bin and just filled in the blank. that'll teach me to work slower.

tested. it's perfect. there's a SLIGHT (and i mean F'n SLIGHT) volume change when it's engaged, but per my understanding that plagued the CE-2 as well. otherwise this thing is now incredible. good lookin' out and thanks a million.

(insert office space "mundane detail" conversation here)

Back