Can anyone recommend a tube screamer

Grazza

Hi all,

Probably a stupid question as the title thread, but I would love some suggestions. I have a friend who has asked me to build him a drive pedal. He has only been playing for a year or so, and I let him use a slightly modified (switch for bright and bass response) TS9 based pedal. Anyway he loves it and has asked my to build him a screamer style pedal. I've got a lot of TS based pedals and while I don't mind them, I don't love them. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions off the good people here who love TS style pedals and have built a really good one that they can recommend? I'd like to give him something that resembles the TS he has been using but is enough to be something more for him as well.

Please, if you have some time I'd love some direction.

Not to add to the recent hype, but I've had my digitech bad monkey for 20 years. My favorite TS type of pedal so far. Mainly because of the bass and treble independent controls. I guess there's a PCB here the Virgil overdrive. Klons do a similar type of mid boost thing with a clean signal mixed in. There were cool unpopular TS versions like the 4 knobbed ts9dx and st9. Lots of other brand takes on it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll check them out. I had a bad monkey when I was a teenager for a short while, didn't really know what it was capable of back then. Laughing about it now, preferred the grunge pedal and sold the bad monkey!

Back