Can I use daughter board with this pcb?

Svenson007

Hey guys I’m working on my first dual pedal with order switch. I want to keep both switches uniform. One pcb is pedalPCB so it’s straight forward with the daughterboard. But this coda effects one doesn’t have a “switch” hole. Can I just run two wires from the ground lug on the coda effects pcb ….. one goes to ground and one to switch on the daughter board?

Thanks

Attachments

• 96F92F34-EB1A-4F42-AB84-9261C3606365.jpeg
    96F92F34-EB1A-4F42-AB84-9261C3606365.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 18
You'd be better off with a daughter board that includes the LED, you could wire it off the PPCB board, but incorporating the LED and it's CLR, will be a tad bit more challenging

Yeah that would be helpful. But in my situation it’s either use the pedal pcb daughterboard or wire it old school. I wasn’t sure if Switch and ground essentially do the same thing. The reason I’m hung up on using the pedal pcb daughter board is that this is my first time wiring a pedal with an order switcher pcb, and the diagram below is what I’m going by. So if I wire that circuit old school I’m not very confident in straying from the diagram below.

Attachments

• 465E6A42-DA76-4841-BB82-9AB54AB52945.png
    465E6A42-DA76-4841-BB82-9AB54AB52945.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 5AA4405B-FF1D-4BF4-8BEB-CAD08AB4E52F.jpeg
    5AA4405B-FF1D-4BF4-8BEB-CAD08AB4E52F.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 6
Here's a wiring option for you, that shows how to connect an LED
Oh thanks man. But to be honest wiring the LED isn’t really what I’m worried about. I’ve done plenty of wiring up different pcb’s and vero etc. It’s more wiring to the order switcher pcb without following the above diagram, because I can’t use the pedal pcb daughterboard due to the different pcb hookups from coda effects. I wish they were both pedal pcb so I could follow the diagram exactly.

But thanks man. What you linked is a different way of wiring that I haven’t seen before. Might have to try that at some point. Cheers

Your ins/outs to the order switcher would be the same regardless of whose daughter board you use, but if you want to use the PPCB, you'll wire ground to ground, switch to LED Cathode, LED Anode to CLR to Power

Last edited:
Your ins/outs to the order switcher would be the same regardless of whose daughter board you use, but if you want to use the PPCB, you'll wire ground to ground, switch to CLR to LED Cathode and LED Anode to Power
Sweet thank you. I accidentally ordered 3pdt foot switches without holes through the lugs. So that’s why I’m so hung up on using the board haha.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Recheck my post I edited it
Hmmm I’m not sure I see what was edited? 🤔

Looks the same to me no?

“Your ins/outs to the order switcher would be the same regardless of whose daughter board you use, but if you want to use the PPCB, you'll wire ground to ground, switch to CLR to LED Cathode and LED Anode to Power”

Hmmm I’m not sure I see what was edited? 🤔

Looks the same to me no?

“Your ins/outs to the order switcher would be the same regardless of whose daughter board you use, but if you want to use the PPCB, you'll wire ground to ground, switch to CLR to LED Cathode and LED Anode to Power”
Check again

I work mostly with A/C current so that switching on the ground side with DC always trips me up
Strangely… earlier on in my learning I wired straight from dc Jack to anode…. And put the CLR on the cathode side to the stomp switch and it’s still working……. I wondered about this ever since…. If the current is being limited does it matter what side the CLR is on? I’m sure it does, it just made me wonder…..

I’m still fairly limited when it comes to correct electrical theory obviously haha.

I just like to make racket and twist knobs ;) I try though.

Strangely… earlier on in my learning I wired straight from dc Jack to anode…. And put the CLR on the cathode side to the stomp switch and it’s still working……. I wondered about this ever since…. If the current is being limited does it matter what side the CLR is on? I’m sure it does, it just made me wonder…..

I’m still fairly limited when it comes to correct electrical theory obviously haha.

Yeah DC current is ass backwards to everything I've learned

I'm pretty sure with DC it can go on either side

I'm pretty sure with DC it can go on either side
Just from my personal experience it seems ok (from my mistake). But I still tend to stick with what I’ve seen as a convention over and over, even if I don’t see a reason to. Maybe people just figured one rule for both (ac/dc) was the way to go. No confusion etc…

Back