Celsius Preamp (Boss CE-1 Preamp) -Update Noise issue FIX!

I may be the wrong person to ask hahahaha, I really prefer the 1590B and will tend to use them whenever I can shoe horn a build into one. But I may be in the minority here.

There's nothing wrong with a 125B, but I hate seeing the wasted space of a small board in a larger enclosure. It's also gotten me into trouble a few times when I don't measure correctly. Drilling needs to be spot on, lot less margin for error.
I prefer the 1590Bs as well and I agree I hate seeing all that wasted space! I recently put a Distortion 250 into a 1590B and side mounted the jacks. I'm going to try top loaded jacks on single pot boards. I've seen you do a few recently and I think they look great!

That wide blade makes removing switches just as easy, up to DPDT.

Of course I would never recommend reusing a switch after removing it, although I have a few times for prototypes that are just going into the salvage pile afterwards anyway.

I'm considering getting a pair of blade tips for my tweezers as well, that would make through-hole ICs a breeze to remove.

That wide blade makes removing switches just as easy, up to DPDT.

Of course I would never recommend reusing a switch after removing it, although I have a few times for prototypes that are just going into the salvage pile afterwards anyway.

I'm considering getting a pair of blade tips for my tweezers as well, that would make through-hole ICs a breeze to remove.
Whoa.....I may need to take out a loan for this one....

Yeaaah I don't know what's going on there. It should be less than $100, still expensive for a tip, but $700 is absurd.

You could get the entire solder station with some extra tips for that price.

A lot of Amazon sellers will jack the price up on stuff when it’s sold out/unavailable instead of taking the listing down or listing it as “currently unavailable”

I went with the narrower 10mm blade so it'd be easier to avoid any adjacent plastic components.

It'd be easy to destroy something quick with one of these tips. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, that looks similar to the one I have from Pace.

If you remove a lot of pots (or switches, or pin headers) it's definitely worth the money.

Reactions: fig
Hey Michael! Could you measure how far from the top of the enclosure the center of the knob is? I'm trying to finalize my UV print design for this one, and I want to make sure I don't have the pot set too high for the jacks to fit. Gonna be trying out your top-mount 1590B jack instructionsal

Hey Michael! Could you measure how far from the top of the enclosure the center of the knob is? I'm trying to finalize my UV print design for this one, and I want to make sure I don't have the pot set too high for the jacks to fit. Gonna be trying out your top-mount 1590B jack instructionsal
I'll do that in the morning.

It's exactly 1 3/8" from the "top" of the top of a Tayda 1590B enclosure. Don't forget the toggle is in an unconventional place. Check the drill template.
Fantastic, Thanks!
I’ve got the two holes grouped together so they’ll move together. Now I’ll just move them down so they land in the right spot.

We're not even going to mention how I destroyed a pad swapping out the pot. And my resulting hack.

Anything I build that needs re-work has only about 50-50 chance of surviving my re-working.......

View attachment 30528

We don't have the schematic of this PCB, and I'm trying to understand, looking the PCB draw and this picture, if the resistors value are the same of the original schematic in the CE-1 or there are some adjustment and modify. But it's hard to say.
Could someone reveal it, please?

Too see the schematic would be very appreciated!
Meanwhile, I have some concern about the hiss problem with this circuit. At least two users here had this problem, if I don't wrong. Someone built even this stripboard version, too, with the same noise. https://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2021/01/triungulo-lab-ensemble-crunch.html

The Triangulu Labs and PastFX version seem not suffer any noise problem. And are not the only two CE-1 preamp in a box pedal I found.

The One Preamp https://groberteffects.com/product/the-one-preamp/
VRM CE-1 Preamp
Lemo & Ginger CEP-1
JFX JF-1 Preamp
Here's in raw look, but it's commercialized in better look, too, but I can't identify a brand name
From the demos I can't hear any noise issue in anyone pedal, nor I can't find any bad review (at least, what we can find about these).

There are some differences in these pedal: peak level LED, High/Low swich mode, buffer in front or not, clipping, volume master... but even in the tone and volume, as I read. Though, I think every circuit is based on the exact preamp circuit. (JFX JF-1 Preamp has just the low mode).

Back