SOLVED Circulator but No Effect

Superjab71

Good evening all,
I powered up my circulator build, I got signal with the switch off, and when I powered on the effect, the LED came on and the dry signal came through, but I am not getting any of the effect no matter what position the switch or pots are in. I tried reflowing solder joints with no change. A quick search showed other people had issues with the LFO stalling. I was going to try Chuck Bone’s mods but I don’t have a 3M3 resistor. Anyone see a possible culprit here? I started going through the resistors to see if a value is off but haven’t found any yet.
PS I use alligator clamps for the DC jack hookup that’s why they aren’t soldered yet.

Attachments

• E81F4FCB-71EF-4742-8C8D-5D6176D9904E.jpeg
    E81F4FCB-71EF-4742-8C8D-5D6176D9904E.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 6F1B09CD-AD91-4A5C-B4C4-E4FA12340B9E.jpeg
    6F1B09CD-AD91-4A5C-B4C4-E4FA12340B9E.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 13
Good evening all,
I powered up my circulator build, I got signal with the switch off, and when I powered on the effect, the LED came on and the dry signal came through, but I am not getting any of the effect no matter what position the switch or pots are in. I tried reflowing solder joints with no change. A quick search showed other people had issues with the LFO stalling. I was going to try Chuck Bone’s mods but I don’t have a 3M3 resistor. Anyone see a possible culprit here? I started going through the resistors to see if a value is off but haven’t found any yet.
PS I use alligator clamps for the DC jack hookup that’s why they aren’t soldered yet.
Where did you get the LM13700's from?

I actually think I figured out my problem while testing some connections. It seems like while removing that wrong R28 resistor, I damaged the backside pad and wasn’t getting connection between R28 and IC3 pin 6. I soldered the two pins together and now the LED turns on and the effect seems to be working.

Back