"Clever Continuity Tester"

DeadAirMD

This guy was cool enough to develop this and share some build docs. He developed a tester that tells you what and where the issue is through sound as opposed to just using a probe and tracing the entire circuit, saving a ton of time trying to figure out where the issue is. I built a testing box last month and this would be a great addition. Figured since we are all builders, some of us would find this useful.

This guy was cool enough to develop this and share some build docs. He developed a tester that tells you what and where the issue is through sound as opposed to just using a probe and tracing the entire circuit, saving a ton of time trying to figure out where the issue is. I built a testing box last month and this would be a great addition. Figured since we are all builders, some of us would find this useful.
That looks killer. I had to read it a couple of times to understand what was going on. I’m interested in seeing one in action.

Same here, using a low pass filter to filter out the highs so you're not blowing out your brain cells with high pitched squealing was a great idea. Pretty cool idea do use different modulated pitches to signal issues.

The real issue is how do you test the tester if you can't get the tester to test.....

Back