Cobalt 9v Battery Power?

ShredEd

Hello PedalPCBer's! I just built the Cobalt drive and passthrough and LED works but zero sound when switched on. Nothing at all. Since I don't have an 9v AC power adaptor, I just wired in a 9v battery. Might be a dumb question but should a 9v battery be able to power the Cobalt just as well as a 9v AC adaptor? I have triple checked components and also checked for shorts / polarity. Stumped but thanks!

Having a build that works in bypass but no effect when engaged is a common problem.
Check some other trouble-shooting threads with the same sort of problem for possible solutions.

Common human errors:

Plugging into the OUT jack and coming out of the IN;

Not having GAIN or VOLUME turned up;

Forgetting to put in the transistors or ICs after soldering in just their sockets;

Solder-bridge dumping signal to ground (bridge hidden under a component/socket)...

As already suggested by Robert, pics are needed, or we can just keep shooting into the dark...

The underside. I realize my soldering doesn’t look the best but I think they are all solid. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpeg
    IMG_2999.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    831.4 KB · Views: 10
Update. After fiddling for hours one issue that I discovered was that I was using a crappy zinc, although relatively new, battery. After installing a stronger alkaline battery, I can hear the guitar when I turn on the pedal but it’s much lower volume than bypass and the controls do nothing. I’ll search the forums now. Thanks!

Back