Cordyceps intercepts

DAJE

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
PCB obtained with @fig winnings.

Well, this one took a while. I used converted SMD e-caps for most, but I didn't have any in 2.2 µF so I went with a tantalum there. And then one of the 10 µF caps broke. The leg was attached (I checked continuity on all of them) and then it wasn't. It broke off while I was handling the PCB I guess. So I had to de-solder the cap and bin it, and getting the broken leg out of the hole and cleaning up the holes for re-use was a really annoyingly difficult job. So I stuck a standard aluminium e-cap in that hole because I didn't feel like trying to make another SMD conversion work.

After all that, it worked fine when I fired it up, and sounded pretty good, so I boxed it. And then while boxing it I managed to break off one of the wires to the DC socket, so I then had to unbox it again, reattach the wire, and rebox it. And then it worked. And it does sound good.

The cheapy AliExpress opto things worked fine, as expected. I tried two and they sounded pretty similar so I went with that. You can see in the in-progress shots that I used 4 broken off socket pins for that. I knew I'd find a use for them, that's why I saved them.

I adjusted the trimmer by ear till it sounded best, no idea if there's anything I should be aiming at but it's a ring mod, I doubt precision is all that important.

Anyway, plenty of chaotic broken robot noises in this pedal, it's a lot of fun. I might demo it at some point but no promises.

I'm still waiting for a shipment of 3mm LEDs, so I used a yellow one, will swap in a greeny when they arrive.

Attachments

• CC4.jpg
    CC4.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 16
  • CC3.jpg
    CC3.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 16
  • CC2.jpg
    CC2.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 14
  • CC1.jpg
    CC1.jpg