Creative use of Tayda Pre-Drilled enclosures?

brightlight

I'm trying my best to skip the drilling process minus maybe minor adjustments here and there if need be. I know it's not super hard, im just very limited on time so my best bet is to stick to builds that have pre-drilled enclosures available from Tayda (or elsewhere if anyone makes them for a decent price?).

In my searches I came across a post here that said the Tayda 5 knob type 1 will fit a Tommy III just fine if you just use a larger washer to cover some excess hole space. This got me thinking if there is some list, resource, or just advice from you guys on other pedal builds that dont officially have a Tayda pre-drilled available, but have close enough ones that can easily be repurposed similar to the Tommy III and the 5 knob enclosure. Please share if you've got time! I'm not lazy, just a dad working more than full time, playing in a busy band, and raising a 3 year old that's looking to skip some steps while still being able to pursue a pedal building passion! Thanks!

I've made a few by using pre-drilled enclosures and self-drilling another hole or two. Pendulum is one; just added the extra LED hole to a standard 3 knob type 1. Woodpecker is another; enlarged the LED hole to convert it to a toggle switch and added a new LED hole.

I often enlarge holes on the standard Tayda pre-drilled boxes, for larger LED bezels and DC jack sockets.

I'm trying my best to skip the drilling process minus maybe minor adjustments here and there if need be. I know it's not super hard, im just very limited on time so my best bet is to stick to builds that have pre-drilled enclosures available from Tayda (or elsewhere if anyone makes them for a decent price?).

In my searches I came across a post here that said the Tayda 5 knob type 1 will fit a Tommy III just fine if you just use a larger washer to cover some excess hole space. This got me thinking if there is some list, resource, or just advice from you guys on other pedal builds that dont officially have a Tayda pre-drilled available, but have close enough ones that can easily be repurposed similar to the Tommy III and the 5 knob enclosure. Please share if you've got time! I'm not lazy, just a dad working more than full time, playing in a busy band, and raising a 3 year old that's looking to skip some steps while still being able to pursue a pedal building passion! Thanks!
FWIW the Tayda drilling service is pretty affordable too, although you do have to be careful with the measurements.

FWIW the Tayda drilling service is pretty affordable too, although you do have to be careful with the measurements.
Yeah I like that option as well. I recently used some templates from here for them to drill me enclosures for the Caesar and XC Phase. Both enclosures were great. The XC Phase turned out awesome, the Caesar is in currently in a troubleshoot somewhere down the road pile lol

Many times I've used the pre-drilled ones, and added a hole for a switch or used an existing hole for a switch.

Most PCBs follow a specific spacing:
If there are 2 pots in a row, they will be 1.3" (33mm) apart.
If there are 3 pots in a row, the two outer ones are 1.6" apart 40.6mm).
For both, upper knobs are 1" from lower knobs, or 25.4 mm.

If your PCB has the pots (or switches) in those positions, you can usually use a pre-drilled one.

Many times I've used the pre-drilled ones, and added a hole for a switch or used an existing hole for a switch.

Most PCBs follow a specific spacing:
If there are 2 pots in a row, they will be 1.3" (33mm) apart.
If there are 3 pots in a row, the two outer ones are 1.6" apart 40.6mm).
For both, upper knobs are 1" from lower knobs, or 25.4 mm.

If your PCB has the pots (or switches) in those positions, you can usually use a pre-drilled one.
Yep, I've been learning just now flexible the PPCB designs and the pre-drilled enclosures are. I've been able to fit a Duck Box into a 3 hole and a Tommy III into a 5 hole. Super convenient!

Back