Can you omit the spdt slide switch from the Tommy III

Mr. Strypes

I am having a heck of a time trying to find a mini slide switch for the Tommy III build. It isn't available through Tayda, and I'd rather not order through Mouser or DigiKey if possible, since shipping is expensive. Is it possible to omit the switch? If so, what should I put in its place?

I am having a heck of a time trying to find a mini slide switch for the Tommy III build. It isn't available through Tayda, and I'd rather not order through Mouser or DigiKey if possible, since shipping is expensive. Is it possible to omit the switch? If so, what should I put in its place?
Sure, just jumper from the middle hole to one of the outer holes depending upon if you want symmetric or asymmetric clipping. If you don't know which you want, just stick something temporarily in there and try it both ways before you solder it in.

The internal switch just jumpers (or doesn't jumper) one of the diodes. If you don't put it in you'll be getting the symmetrical clipping, jumpering them should give you asymmetrical, you could use a bit of wire to see what you prefer before you box it up.

Sure, just jumper from the middle hole to one of the outer holes depending upon if you want symmetric or asymmetric clipping. If you don't know which you want, just stick something temporarily in there and try it both ways before you solder it in.
Beautiful! Thanks!

The internal switch just jumpers (or doesn't jumper) one of the diodes. If you don't put it in you'll be getting the symmetrical clipping, jumpering them should give you asymmetrical, you could use a bit of wire to see what you prefer before you box it up.
Awesome! Thanks!

Wonder if you coukd
Get the slide dpdt Robert sells for the adhd bypass and just clip the extra column of legs off.

If you want the internal option, you could use pin headers and a jumper block. I just mounted a SPDT in the spot indicated for the LED on the drill pattern though.

If you have Amazon Prime and need way too many of them, there's these

Bought a bag a while back because it was cheaper than just the shipping from Mouser and I've yet to come close to emptying it.
Ha! Cool! I JUST found these and placed an order. LOL! Even if I don't use them on this build, at least I'll have some on hand for other projects.
Thanks!

Back