DEMO Deofol (Okko Diablo)

This post contains an audio or video demo

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is one that was totally under my radar. It was highly recommended by @szukalski so of course I always listen to my enablers and I grabbed the board.

Really neat overdrive with a very wide range of gain that sounds good all across the range.

It excels as a low gain drive though.

It's got a lot of controls and I'm still kinda figuring it out. There's a "Dynamics" control that sounds like it adjusts available voltage and headroom.

Then there are both Mids toggle and "Body" toggle switches that can add or reduce a more pronounced "hump".

It's also capable of pretty high gain distortion as well but to me it sounds best in the lower gain range settings.

Really neat overdrive/distortion. This is on my list to demo.

Oh and just a warning, the toggle switched are very close to the lower pot legs and can easily short the pots. So some insulation is called for.

I decided to build this one with relay switching, just......because.....:)

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_5472.JPG

I used some of the leftover backing from a sheet of silicone feet to insulate the toggle switch bodies.

IMG_5469.JPG

slick build mike, I've ben wanting to try this one for a while

@szukalski enables you which in turn enables me which I’m sure will enable someone else.

Listen guys we have to be careful what we put up here cause before you know it this circuit is in my cart and I’m building it. Some consideration guys….🤣🤣🤣

Oh and btw that build is bad to the bone! 🤟🤟
156163_10150895540293812_1060643085_n.jpg

Stevie, every time you post 🤟 I'm like 🙅‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Nice build. This was on my wishlist for so long and finally got around to doing it. Glad I did, I would be interested in the Gregor Hilden edition as well, which he always uses in a lower gain setting.

Just a nice, adaptable gain which can turn your amp into a raging beast!

You’re so right. One of the last bands I saw live (a few weeks ago, in a bar with a small stage) the guitarist was a very conservative looking guy in his early 50s (?), wearing a sport coat and tie, (this did not go with the way the rest of the band was dressed)—and he just wailed! It was such a disconnect. He looked very comfortable in the coat and tie, not like there was any irony involved.

Alright seriously, I gotta start knowing what these emojis mean. Before you know it I’m signaling for an S.O.S when I’m just trying to say hi 👋

Back