"Diode Rolling" on the Paragon Mini

Greetings,

Has anyone done any "diode rolling" in their Paragon (Mini)? I have a pedal wizard acquaintance who says to try IR LEDs in the hard clipping section.
I very much enjoy asymmetrical clipping and put in diodes to give me a bit of that.
IN 1 side has all BAS33
IN 2 side has BAS33 in the hard clipping pads, and then asymmetrical BAS33 --> 1N4001 on one side and BAS33 --> D2J on the other.

Anyone played around with diodes for this pedal? Anyone have any tasty recipes?

Thanks.
IMG_8838.JPG IMG_8839.JPG

Been quite a while and couldn’t remember what I did so I had to crack it open and get a pic.

I did standard diodes on the low gain side and on the high gain side I used germanium hard clipping and asymmetrical combo for soft clipping. Then I squeezed in an external switch to select between them. Had to grind some clearance in the enclosure for that one.

The only thing I don’t like about it is how close together the stomp switches have to be. I end up using my full size Paragon more because of this. I think I have a pair of red LEDs for soft clipping in that one. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference between them and the standard 4-1N4148s.

Attachments

• IMG_6241.jpeg
    IMG_6241.jpeg
    620.4 KB · Views: 12
Back