Dip Switch Question

djmiyta

Building a Timmy and have no dip switches. There are 4 pads on the pcb and from what I've found I could replace the dip switch and use 2 SPST or SPDT in place of the dip switch. I'm unsure , tho , if this would work.
So I'm asking the forum if anyone would know this to be true or not.

yes I know I can still get a dip switch and they're available. As always tho I'm impatient and don't want to just want to know if that will work or not never worked with a dip switch my knowledge is I know what one looks like

In advance Thank you

I used a sub mini spdt as I recall

You can do off board wiring and it will fit between the board and the enclosure on the pot side.

If not I would probably just jumper it to assym or symm myself or run wires to a spdt that you can find a spot in your enclosure to fit.

How would I go about wiring a spdt switch for this. I'm not sure which wire would go to on the switch on the other hand I thought of putting sockets in and using jumper wires for possible switching modes . Would that work also?

Attachments

• EFFECTS LAYOUT BLOGSPOT  Paul C's Timmy.png
    EFFECTS LAYOUT BLOGSPOT Paul C's Timmy.png
    342.7 KB · Views: 6
How would I go about wiring a spdt switch for this. I'm not sure which wire would go to on the switch on the other hand I thought of putting sockets in and using jumper wires for possible switching modes . Would that work also?
Spdt wont work. Jumpers will work.

Back