dirtbox layouts mojo?

drgonzo1969

I was digging through a bunch of these dirtbox layouts and can't wait to tackle some of the things that aren't available from PPCB. I was looking at this Dope Priest layout and there are two different versions. one version is labeled mojo and has different resistors. I cant find a guide on his site. are the "mojo" resistors just 1/4w carbon film? or are they something else? maybe 1/2w carbon film? thanks for any help

I was digging through a bunch of these dirtbox layouts and can't wait to tackle some of the things that aren't available from PPCB. I was looking at this Dope Priest layout and there are two different versions. one version is labeled mojo and has different resistors. I cant find a guide on his site. are the "mojo" resistors just 1/4w carbon film? or are they something else? maybe 1/2w carbon film? thanks for any help
Being shaped that way, they’re most likely carbon comp. resistors.

FWIW, if you do want to go the easy route, you can build the Dope Priest on a Muffin Fuzz PCB; there are at least two (here and here) build reports for Dope Priests on that board. Unfortunately I think you're going to be stuck working through the layout to find which components have different values from the "Fox" version in the build doc (IIRC the Dope Priest '77 is basically a slightly modified Guild Foxey Lady).

Being shaped that way, they’re most likely carbon comp. resistors.
yup you right. thanks for chiming in.
FWIW, if you do want to go the easy route, you can build the Dope Priest on a Muffin Fuzz PCB; there are at least two (here and here) build reports for Dope Priests on that board. Unfortunately I think you're going to be stuck working through the layout to find which components have different values from the "Fox" version in the build doc (IIRC the Dope Priest '77 is basically a slightly modified Guild Foxey Lady).
i think im going to dive in headfirst on vero boards. they are dirt cheap and i am broke. soooo i also wont be buying any carbon comps either hahaha

I like mojo parts as much as the next guy, but using carbon comp resistors is just silly. Use carbon film or metal film and it will sound the same only quieter.

And FWIW the Dirtbox Layouts guy is prolific but sometimes his layouts are less than stellar. Oh well, as long as they work!

It'll be easier with the breadboard added to the auditorium.Just hook up the wires to the spots on the breadboard and match with the auditorium's hardwired jacks.

I build both of the DAM muffs. One's on a pedalpcb board and the other was vero, but both used metal film resistors. I liked the Dope Priest more than the XB-70, but it sounded pretty good too. The XB-70 was a little tighter and the DP had a little more midrange.

Back