Dual Order Switching?

Big Monk

In short, I want to be able to reconfigure my wah, fuzz loop and phase (phaser and Univibe) loop on the fly.

Normal configuration would be Wah -> Phase Loop -> Fuzz Loop.

I’d like access to Fuzz before Wah and also Phase after Fuzz but with Fuzz after Wah.

Obviously, a single order switcher is straightforward.

I’m thinking Fuzz and Phase loops in a loop that gets its order flopped feeding another order switcher with the wah.

That would give me fuzz before or after phase and phase and fuzz before or after wah.

Am I making any sense?

I’m thinking Fuzz and Phase loops in a loop that gets its order flopped feeding another order switcher with the wah.

That's how you'll do it- the real challenge will be fitting the 8 jacks tactfully in a single enclosure without forgetting which one does what..

Too bad all your circuits aren't in the same box:

HiEkN2Dl.jpg

That's how you'll do it- the real challenge will be fitting the 8 jacks tactfully in a single enclosure without forgetting which one does what..

Too bad all your circuits aren't in the same box:

HiEkN2Dl.jpg

I was curious about what that was!

In short, I want to be able to reconfigure my wah, fuzz loop and phase (phaser and Univibe) loop on the fly.

Normal configuration would be Wah -> Phase Loop -> Fuzz Loop.

I’d like access to Fuzz before Wah and also Phase after Fuzz but with Fuzz after Wah.

Obviously, a single order switcher is straightforward.

That would give me fuzz before or after phase and phase and fuzz before or after wah.

Am I making any sense?

Makes perfect sense.

A long time ago I tried to work out a dual order-switcher that could do ALL permutations, and found that using a couple simple order switchers you can have all combinations but one, and in this case you won't be able to have your wah between phase and fuzz.

It's easy to picture them as hanging mobiles...

hanging-mobile-3-effects.jpg

Wah Phase Fuzz
Wah Fuzz Phase
Fuzz Phase Wah
Phase Fuzz Wah

Hypothetically speaking... someone could create a relay-based order switch daughterboard, pair up a few of those with a rotary switch and you could quickly switch between several different order combinations.

Hypothetically speaking... someone could create a relay-based order switch daughterboard, pair up a few of those with a rotary switch and you could quickly switch between several different order combinations.

By someone, do you mean you? 😂

It'd involve several relays since you'd have to group them up... if current consumption is an issue you might want to stick to mechanical switches.

Depending on how many different variations you need you might be able to pull it off with nothing more than a 4P3T rotary switch.

It'd involve several relays since you'd have to group them up... if current consumption is an issue you might want to stick to mechanical switches.

Depending on how many different variations you need you might be able to pull it off with nothing more than a 4P3T rotary switch.

As you know from our side chats, I’m still in the planning stages on my new board, so I’m just getting data and ideas together.

Back