Dual overdrives

HamishR

All this talk of two effects in one box made me think I should build another "two-favourite-overdives-in-one-box" pedals again. My favourites have changed recently. And I wanted to try a Gørva enclosure and a few other things... So here is my new dual overdrive which is currently nameless - I call the one with the red knobs the Gringo and the one with green knobs The G. Maybe it should be the G-g-g-gringo? They're both modified versions of other things which I managed with a fair bit of help from the amazing Chuck. The main reason for putting them both in the same box was to save space and power outlets on my board as I use both all the time. Not together, but with different guitars.

dualext.JPG

dualint.JPG

Another amazeballs vero build times two. Very tidy,you got that nailed man! Nice with the botton lit big stomps, very practical in the heat of the moment on stage I guess.

And it's easy to switch both at the same time. :cool: Or either. I was delighted with this one that it worked perfectly first time. Thanks Cooder!

Very clean! I always love a good 2-in-1. What are the two circuits based on? (The G looks BJFE/Bearfootish maybe?)

Actually both were based on BJF designs - The G on the Model G and the Gringo has come a long way from being a LGW. It sounds nothing like a LGW now! The G is documented somewhere here on this site and even forms the basis for Chuck's marvellous Mojito OD. The G is amazing with a Les Paul or 335. I use the Gringo with all my guitars but especially my Gretsch with Filter'trons - it's so clear on the bass strings.

Chuck's help has been the key. He is a wealth of intelligent use of information. Probably loads of people know what Chuck knows, but he knows how to use it.

Actually both were based on BJF designs - The G on the Model G and the Gringo has come a long way from being a LGW. It sounds nothing like a LGW now! The G is documented somewhere here on this site and even forms the basis for Chuck's marvellous Mojito OD. The G is amazing with a Les Paul or 335. I use the Gringo with all my guitars but especially my Gretsch with Filter'trons - it's so clear on the bass strings.

Chuck's help has been the key. He is a wealth of intelligent use of information. Probably loads of people know what Chuck knows, but he knows how to use it.
Excellent! I'll have to do some digging on this Chuck fellow's mods. I really dig the Model G+ I built on an Aion Honeybee PCB, but there's always room for improvement!

This is the thread about the Gringo.

No I don't have any sound samples - that's something I should do I guess. And untamedfrontier - yeah I was grateful to be able to use up some of those 1µF caps! I made sure to leave space for them when I did the layouts. I also have a bunch of huge 100µF electrolytics - as you can see.

Back