Dumb mistake.

irvmuller

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Anyone build something then realize a really dumb mistake at the end? Can you find mine.

Sounds awesome btw. Box and All EQ with MXR headphone amp. Little practice box to take around. Much thanks to Robert for the headphone amp board.

Attachments

• 114A6ECF-D71F-4A9C-BBF1-94204BF0EA9B.jpeg
    114A6ECF-D71F-4A9C-BBF1-94204BF0EA9B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
Well, "brilliance" is sometimes considered simply a form of treble or within the range of treble so this could be a brilliant mistake, here.

Having a HUGE eye on the whale was a great idea, "all the better to [sea] you with, my dearies".
Having two trebles on the tail-fin was just a fluke.
As a bass-player, that knob is positioned just about right.
My only concern is with the free-floating mids and all the square-brackets... 😹

Cool build, Robert should make this thing part of the regular offerings.

BTW - has anyone ever made a brilliant mistake?
Scotchguard, (the second 3M “mistake” mentioned in this thread). A 3M scientist realized that there were very clean spots on his sneakers (as they were known back then) and realized that they were from when he had spilled something in the past. He went back to his notes, found what he was working on, and tested it.

And—really nice looking build! You will always see that, and I’ll bet will come to think of it affectionately.

Here's my very very VERY dumb mistake of the week. I built 3 pedals this week. Before I box a pedal up, I always test them on the micro-proto board. It's been a life saver. I built a Blue Breaker, a Cracklejack and the Zapper. All 3 got no sound. I also have an audio probe, so I took them off the board and ran the audio probe over all of them. At every point, I was getting signal. So so confused. I have a woven cable that I always use for my out signal and a Monster vinyl wrapped cable that I use as my in, when using the board. I had put away a couple of guitars, and taken out a few others to change up the sound. Well, I plugged the woven cable into the in and the vinyl to the out, and did not think to check the cables for THREE DAYS.

Anyway, all 3 are working perfectly, unlike my stupid brain!!!

Here's my very very VERY dumb mistake of the week. I built 3 pedals this week. Before I box a pedal up, I always test them on the micro-proto board. It's been a life saver. I built a Blue Breaker, a Cracklejack and the Zapper. All 3 got no sound. I also have an audio probe, so I took them off the board and ran the audio probe over all of them. At every point, I was getting signal. So so confused. I have a woven cable that I always use for my out signal and a Monster vinyl wrapped cable that I use as my in, when using the board. I had put away a couple of guitars, and taken out a few others to change up the sound. Well, I plugged the woven cable into the in and the vinyl to the out, and did not think to check the cables for THREE DAYS.

Tore up a breadboard looking for the "problem." Found it when I hung up my guitar to take a break. Generally helps if you connect the guitar to the input jack.

If that’s the dumbest thing you e done, you’re doing better than me. At least you remembered to plug the cable in!

Anyone build something then realize a really dumb mistake at the end? Can you find mine.

Sounds awesome btw. Box and All EQ with MXR headphone amp. Little practice box to take around. Much thanks to Robert for the headphone amp board.
It's a whale, whales talk at that frequency....

I've still got a mislabelled Rainbow Machine that stares at me every day. I keep thinking of ways to fix it without redoing the entire paint job, but never work up the guts to actually try, so it just laughs at me.

Back