Effects Layouts Lawn Darts for my SCHMORG

dawson

Here's my build of the Lawn Darts:
Effects Layouts version of Earthquaker Devices Arrows boost.

ynWyZJM.jpg

0dpXjDE.jpg

It's just a little boost, but it does its' job really well.
I've been using it near the end of my chain- after all other gain and modulation but before a reverb and delay. I turn it on when I need to be loud for lead bits and it retains more character of the effects before it than I'm used to. The other boosts and low gain overdrives I've auditioned in this position tend to flub-out or feed-back while this one tends to effortlessly whoop ass so far.

I didn't have any 2N5089's around so I tried a couple alternatives and landed with a BC109C. The faceplate is a bit of 1/8" flat aluminum that I hacked up with my scroll-saw and drill-press.

BEjUbtC.jpg

The faceplate can mount into my SCHMORG pedalboard/rack build, or all alone in a 'dummy' 125B:
obbma6V.jpg
ILrLpoj.jpg

More on that here: SCHMORG

Thanks for reading!

Right now, I'm playing through my grandson's rig we put (are putting) together. It has a Tumnus at the end which is being used like a boost. Sometimes, we also use the '68 univibe as an extra boost (before reverb and delay). Just before the modulation pedals is an EP boost, and inside the dirt section is a Duke of Tone being used as a clean boost. At the front of it all is a Super Clean buff & boost.

Edit: I guess I could take a pic...:ROFLMAO:

Right now, I'm playing through my grandson's rig we put (are putting) together. It has a Tumnus at the end which is being used like a boost. Sometimes, we also use the '68 univibe as an extra boost (before reverb and delay). Just before the modulation pedals is an EP boost, and inside the dirt section is a Duke of Tone being used as a clean boost. At the front of it all is a Super Clean buff & boost.

Edit: I guess I could take a pic...:ROFLMAO:

That's a lot of boosting! (y)
I'm a fan of that EP boost- my build of the Mad Bean Fat Pants Jr. lives happily on my friend's bass pedalboard indefinitely.

Reactions: fig
Back