Effectslayout Loyalist

Synchrony Pedalworks

Way back when, I used Effectslayout's perfboard design to create JHS's Morning glory. I really liked the pedal. For whatever reason, I sold the pedal and regret the decision. When I saw this combination of a Rat + Morning Glory, I saw redemption. The build is straightforward, until you begin to box it. Since it is a tightly packed pedal, there is little room for measurement errors when drilling. I had to expand almost all of my drill holes. Due to that need, I had to use the "much loved" white washers to span my holes for the footswitches. I also miscalculated the space needed for my script and the toggle switch. You will notice that "cut" is really close/touching the nut of the toggle.

I had an old LM308N chip, so I used it for the Rat portion. I am not convinced that there is added mojo with the chip, but since I had it, let's use it. The rest of the parts are standard. I like stacking these two pedals. Too me the Morning glory adds some brightness that I appreciate. It is a good mix. IMG_4923.jpeg IMG_4925.jpeg

Back