EHX "Freeze": Effect Knob Too Sensitive

junior marbles

Is there a simple mod, like a resistor change, or replacing the 50kΩ pot with a different taper, that would make the effects level knob a bit less sensitive to minute movements?

Currently I have to be ultra precise when dialing in a preferred effects level on the fly: the potentiometer is hyper-sensitive and the slightest turn quickly overshoots to either extremely loud or too soft effects level, overpowering the dry signal or barely competing with it.

To get to anywhere close to a 1:1 dry/effect ratio, the knob sits at 1/4 of its range, which to me shows that 3/4 are wasted that could be used to dial in a nice blend a bit easier.
JM

The information I found on the pedal is that its a D taper pot. Where in the sweep is the sweet spot? I think you could possibly change the pot value and/or add a resistor from pin 3 to the board to get a different result because its reportedly working as a variable resistor controlling how much of the wet signal is phase cancelled.

D taper? 🤔

Yeah without knowing anything Id try a 47k or 100k resistor between lug 2 & 3 of the pot and see what happens.
And if its doesnt change anything try the same thing between lug 1 & 3.

Pot is a “D50K”. Middle and one outer lug are shorted together, so I will try a 50k resistor between two outer lugs and report back. Thanks for you kindness of diving in. Priceless! JM

Back