Even more new Tayda colors!

That fretless'd look really cool with a MAPLE fingerboard (marine epoxied to protect it).
I like the feel of rosewood, though, which would be easier and also look good.
The plan is an unlined Ebony fingerboard with a 7 1/4” radius to make it have the vaguest resemblance in feel to an upright. Single ply white pickguard, chrome pickup cover, and flatwound strings to tie up the outfit nicely

I've had some pedals that had the raw aluminum appearance but were definitely coated in something.

It's actually really nice, so I'm definitely in for some of those.
All of the EHX XO series pedals that don’t have crazy chipping problems seem to have a matte clear. The ones without it all have the graphics flake away way easy

Do you mind sharing a few more pictures of the pearl grey? It looks an awful lot like "winked silver" but I'm sure the "pearl" in the name means something. Or can you describe what the "pearl" effect is? (I'm trying to decide between this and winked silver for an enclosure that I originally just wanted to look similar bare metal - but various posts here have warned me off UV printing on bare aluminum or using ball silver or chromium, which I appreciate).

Thank you,
Mike

Do you mind sharing a few more pictures of the pearl grey? It looks an awful lot like "winked silver" but I'm sure the "pearl" in the name means something. Or can you describe what the "pearl" effect is? (I'm trying to decide between this and winked silver for an enclosure that I originally just wanted to look similar bare metal - but various posts here have warned me off UV printing on bare aluminum or using ball silver or chromium, which I appreciate).

Thank you,
Mike
Pearl grey on left, winked silver on right. Took a couple pf quick pics with phone in different lighting before work.

Remember - don't buy ball silver if you're going to drill yourself...the paint chips like crazy, unlike any other Tayda finish I've com across. It also scratches easily.

IMG_8762.jpg IMG_8761.jpg

Pearl grey on left, winked silver on right. Took a couple pf quick pics with phone in different lighting before work.

Remember - don't buy ball silver if you're going to drill yourself...the paint chips like crazy, unlike any other Tayda finish I've com across. It also scratches easily.

View attachment 44396View attachment 44398
Thank you! So the grey is a bit darker than I was expectiong, so I'll go with the winked silver for my build. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Mike

I thought these were powdercoated. Do they really chip?

That Pearl Gray is nice!

The glow in the dark powder coat has me thinking… it would be really great if they offered a glow in the dark or blacklight-reactive gloss Uv print option, though I’m sure that isn’t likely to happen if even possible at all. I’m just thinking it would be awesome to do a gold enclosure with elvish runes printed in glow in the dark clear for a “one ring” type of thing. I’ve planned on doing it for years though, so I’ll probably just mix my own ink and screen print it in my experimental printmaking class next semester

Back