Favorite low gain drive pedal on pedal Pcb?

My favorites have been the already mentioned Mach 1. But lately two I've really fallen in love with are the Bullrush Drive (Providence SOV2) and the Acer Drive (Altere Kaede) I absolutely love how both sound at the low to med end of the gain range.
They're both voiced similarly but the Acer has a lot more low end response.

My latest honeymoon is with the Guardian OD. (Thorpy Peacekeeper) Just buttoned it up yesterday. It's actually got quite a lot of gain on tap but it's probably the most "transparent" drive I've ever played. Really really versatile low to medium gain drive both as a standalone drive or pushing a dirty amp. I'll post a demo later today.
You have me curious about the Acer Drive now. I just looked at the schematic - It looks a lot like a Timmy! Does it sound much like a Timmy? I have built many Timmy variants and some do, some sound very different.

You have me curious about the Acer Drive now. I just looked at the schematic - It looks a lot like a Timmy! Does it sound much like a Timmy? I have built many Timmy variants and some do, some sound very different.
Sounds like a warm, more compressed Timmy.

Back