Fordoble Boost + Drive = Dane

EZS

This one just knocked my other dirt boxs out of my dirt chain. I love it. The boost section I like better than the Archie boost. There is 1 resister value difference between the two. The drive is a great one and its tuned really well. I can go either way, boost or drive alone depending. Both are top notch. 20231003_155641.jpg 20231003_155808.jpg I dont stack anything cause I use a dirty amp anyway. This works well with a classic Marshall. Put a couple of hours on this with my drummer and it cover all my bases. This may be just the one box wonder.

OK, my above statement regarding the Arche Boost. I originally built it using a 5532. I believe it gave a hard harsh clipping in comparison. I changed it to the OPA2134PA I sourced a couple years ago from China. Real or counterfeit, they sound freaking great in this application. I A/B'd the boosts to the Danes and its near spot on. Maybe that 8.2k vs 12k difference??? regardless, it is now a fantastic boost. I am very pleased with this design. Everything so far in comparison is so Meh, and Boring.

Back