PPCB Fordoble Boost + Drive

Laundryroom David

Keyboard Cowboy 🤠
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This pedal is brilliant. I know of Thorpy and Danish Pete and that’s the extent of my foreknowledge of this pedal. Assuming this project is representative of the original, I repent and beg forgiveness for shrugging off this pedal as a gimmick. It is remarkably flexible, sounds absolutely killer and the boost is, I think, the real star of this show. When engaged and turned all the way down, it sits slightly - and I mean verrrry slightly - above unity. Clean. But the low mids control (LOWS) is usable too. So you can fatten up single coils really easily, really quickly, and do so without pushing your amp. Drive tones are just flat out fun. I played for an hour after building it. Got me grinning. One warning - the drive side has a lot of volume. Take er easy.

Build per silkscreen. Only sub is 1N5227B for the 3.6v Zeners. I love 1590BB enclosures and found this build super smooth and enjoyable. I used a leftover LMS powder drop enclosure, some knobs I had on hand and rolled the dice with an oil paint pen that betrayed me once before.

Anyway, killer toans, fun build, does what you want…what are you waiting for? Of COURSE you need another drive pedal!

IMG_6919.jpeg IMG_6917.jpeg IMG_6923.jpeg
Edit:

New style. Dislike it less than the previous enclosure. LED bezels tripped me up. Details. 😂🤯🤦🏻‍♂️💩

Last edited:
Back