Fortin Grind & programmable footswitch

Dazoner

Hi!

Since you've already have the 33 and Zuul done, is there any possibility of the Grind being released?

Also, how about a programmable footswitch looper. Maybe with 8-10 loops with channel switching (for multi channel amps) and a break in the loop

Nice!

What’s the difference between the 33 and the Grind? I thought they were the same thing after seeing this video where he did a match EQ on both:

What’s the difference between the 33 and the Grind? I thought they were the same thing after seeing this video where he did a match EQ on both:

I suspected that they were as well (and this is the first time I've seen that video) but my findings were a little different from his. It could be that we had different revisions of the pedal. I've seen this pic, this is not the version I have... Also there were no missing or jumped diodes.

1z3mogx.jpg

There is an audible difference between them, especially on a clean tone, and I'm not a metal guy. The 33 has a bit more of that upper midrange almost "cocked wah" thing going on. The Grind is a bit more open sounding

Component-wise the difference is minimal and either circuit could be built on the same PCB no problem.... Rather than have more than one PCB, I decided to combine both circuits and the Integral Preamp into one switchable PCB. Any one of the three circuits can be built independently as well (if desired) by omitting a few components.

Cool, makes sense there would be multiple revisions. I remember seeing pics of the first run pcb and they were all though hole components, so the board has at least been redesigned once.

The first 33’s I think were also though hole.

Now that I think about it, I remember someone on the axe FX forum doing an RTA plot of their Grind, and it had a low pass at about 10khz, so there must be at least 2 revisions.

"...Rather than have more than one PCB, I decided to combine both circuits and the Integral Preamp into one switchable PCB. Any one of the three circuits can be built independently as well (if desired) by omitting a few components."

This is really appreciated.

I suspected that they were as well (and this is the first time I've seen that video) but my findings were a little different from his. It could be that we had different revisions of the pedal. I've seen this pic, this is not the version I have... Also there were no missing or jumped diodes.

1z3mogx.jpg

There is an audible difference between them, especially on a clean tone, and I'm not a metal guy. The 33 has a bit more of that upper midrange almost "cocked wah" thing going on. The Grind is a bit more open sounding

Component-wise the difference is minimal and either circuit could be built on the same PCB no problem.... Rather than have more than one PCB, I decided to combine both circuits and the Integral Preamp into one switchable PCB. Any one of the three circuits can be built independently as well (if desired) by omitting a few components.

Wich booster is in wich toggle position? I´d like to put a graphic on my build but don´t know wich is wich one

Back