Fuzz War V1 Question (Transister-related)…

Coda

Are the transistors on the PCB silkscreen already flipped, or should I flip them?…

Hooray! I had a DBA apocalypse that I bought "broken" for very cheap. I was absolutely disgusted with the build quality, fixed it, and sold it off for a nice price. But I miss the fuzz war setting

I really enjoy mine. just took some playing with the transistors to negate weird blooming sounds or strange attack. and combing through a few forums to check which cap values to use in one or another locations. It is kinda ridiculous how many threads there are on this one pedal.

I feel like the original trace and component values are probably correct, but I've seen a couple different versions and the lines are a bit blurred.

This way we'll have a definitive set of component values and transistor specs to use as a baseline.

A while back I looked into building one on stripboard and the v1 layout basically disappeared because people were having an impossible time trying to bias the transistors or something. It'll be interesting to see how it's actually laid out

Alright.... Let's put an end to this mystery.

View attachment 36180

I'll verify the trace, all values, and will measure the parameters of all of the transistors.

This has gone on long enough. :ROFLMAO:
After seeing this post, I opened up the V1 I picked up cheap locally some years back (Ty Segall/Ohsees fan here). At the time didn't know there was a more recent 3-knob Muff based variant of the Fuzz War. Expected to see 7 transistors, but found only 4... Perhaps this is some sort of v1.5 or transition version with the two pots and one trimmer? Did yours end up being the 7 transistor model?

Fuzz War_Top.jpg
Fuzz War_Open.jpg
Fuzz War_PCB Top.jpg
Fuzz War_PCB back.jpg

I played a late model recently, used-stock at L&M, well a month or so ago. Liked it enough to research the circuit, but not enough to buy the pedal. There was some info I came across and I was able to come up with a rough time-line of the changes, but not sure if I wrote it down...

Sorry, Nope!

Here’s the best I could get given I wasn’t buying it…

1C14A4B5-DDD2-41DE-8B6F-35B16437B6ED.jpeg 38A540FE-2D58-4404-8AC1-FA4204A2EB29.jpeg

Back