fv-1 development board pcb build documents and instructions

Delaystomper

hi , so I purchased the fv1 dev pcb, but there are no build docs. yet are there going to be posted anytime soon ?
also can the board be used with spincad ?

If you look at the silkscreen on the board, all the values are labeled.

I don't believe that the board directly interfaces with SpinCAD but you can export the asm file and load it onto the EEPROM.

I'm also building the FV-1 Dev PCB and having a tough time sourcing 1uF capacitors which will fit in that bottom right corner of the layout. I'm used to using WIMA box film caps, but they're all 3.5mm here and won't fit in the space.
I'd appreciate any pointers here.

This site sells 1uF MLCC (multilayer ceramic capacitors) in the components section that the board was designed for. You can also get them at tayda.

If you look at the silkscreen on the board, all the values are labeled.

View attachment 779

I don't believe that the board directly interfaces with SpinCAD but you can export the asm file and load it onto the EEPROM.

Hey thnks for the reply ,
So correct me if wrong please , once this is built i can use spincad designer to make any algorithms - transfer the asm fie to spinasm -transfer the hex files to the eeprom in the pedalpcb fv-1 dev board to controll it ?
I also purchased a small eeprom programer from amazon will this be necesarry if i have this board ?

The other hardware from Amazon won't be needed. This dev board has a usb to connect straight to your computer.

I haven't used it yet but I think SpinCAD exports a hex file? Then, you can convert hex to binary, then flash the binary to the dev board using the AsProgrammer software. Did you check out the instructions on the FV-1 Dev board description page yet?

Yeah The only instructions i found were for how to install on mac/pc
Thats why in my original question I’d hoped it explain a few things better . I had seen the pcb layout and component placement . But what i really needed was some ponters on the actual programing tech stuff

Attachments

• E3F774D4-4818-4AF6-9FC2-C8A7A4C7553B.png
    E3F774D4-4818-4AF6-9FC2-C8A7A4C7553B.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 37
If you're on Mac you won't be able to run SpinAsm, so far it's not compatible with Mac or Linux systems. It might be worth trying to run it in a Windows virtual machine (Parallels, VMWare, Bootcamp, etc), but I haven't personally tried this.

Yeah if get to SpinAsm to work on Mac through bootcamp or paralles cool if not than thats ok i do have an old pc i have to clean up anyways ,i just wanted to keep to one platform. Has anyone here already programed finished one of these fv1 dev boards .? Also rewriting and modding any algorithms ? For instance , i also bought the octagon pcb board and i do have to load the eeprom, nd finish it up .since i am still learning i ws wondering maybe i can mod some of those patches to my taste just to learn more .

I recently finished my dev board (build report coming soon).

I haven't used SpinCAD but I've been able to flash text code onto the pedal. (Txt file in the spin language, then converted to hex in the SpinAsm software, then converted to binary with the Cmd lines, then flashed to the pedal using the AsProgrammer software - it's a lot of steps lol).

For learning/messing around, I've had an easier time downloading and editing people's source code (like from the spin semi site free programs, people posting on the spin semi forum, babel fish, etc). These have the originators comments and variable assignments, which makes it much easier to understand what's going on.

There is a Windows program floating around on the net called "CH341 Tool"... It supports HEX and BIN right out of the box (read and write).
You can completely cut out all of the conversion / command line stuff.

I don't link to it here because it is (allegedly falsely) flagged as malware. I can not confirm this, so use it at your own risk...
But with that said, it's what I use with my FV1Dev PCB... It's also the software that comes with those cheap $2 EEPROM programmers on eBay.

I haven't used SpinCAD but I've been able to flash text code onto the pedal. (Txt file in the spin language, then converted to hex in the SpinAsm software, then converted to binary with the Cmd lines, then flashed to the pedal using the AsProgrammer software - it's a lot of steps lol).

For learning/messing around, I've had an easier time downloading and editing people's source code (like from the spin semi site free programs, people posting on the spin semi forum, babel fish, etc). These have the originators comments and variable assignments, which makes it much easier to understand what's going on.

Nice hurry I Want details please !!!!!

There is a Windows program floating around on the net called "CH341 Tool"... It supports HEX and BIN right out of the box (read and write).
You can completely cut out all of the conversion / command line stuff.

I don't link to it here because it is (allegedly falsely) flagged as malware. I can not confirm this, so use it at your own risk...
But with that said, it's what I use with my FV1Dev PCB... It's also the software that comes with those cheap $2 EEPROM programmers on eBay.

So you have already used it and confirm that it actually works ?
See i bought one of those amazon eeprom programmer and i read i can download the software from a guy in youtube whos legit and also give a tutorial how to use it .

I use one of those cheap CH341A programmers and software all the time for my FV-1 builds with no issues (once you get around the quirks, like getting it to run in English, etc. but all of that is documented on Youtube).

Excellent im gona try this i got my boards in the mail just need to populate all. I also got the eeprom programer wich i probably dont need but i still want to learn to use it im all new to this but i know i get the hang of things . Does any one have any cool loop glitch delay patches i can use and mess with ?

How is that dev board working any issues ? Mind shining some light ? I recently started populating mine and also cleaned up my old PC. So i cant wait to finish it and get started

Check the build reports section : )

Sorry it's super long, mostly about hardware mods. I did have a bunch of issues but they were all self induced errors or component failures (my toggle switch fell apart, and an led wasn't working). nothing wrong with the PCB.

I had some trouble learning to flash it using the AsProgrammer, but @PedalPCB was really quick and helpful.

Back