fv-1 development board pcb build documents and instructions

Delaystomper

hi , so I purchased the fv1 dev pcb, but there are no build docs. yet are there going to be posted anytime soon ?
also can the board be used with spincad ?

Basically, text file (or .spn file) is converted to hex using the SpinASM software. Hex is converted to bin using the Cmd lines. Then bin files are flashed to the pedal using AsProgrammer.

In SpinASM you open a new project, which has 8 slots, and populate it with the txt files you want in each slot, then select build hex file. There's an instruction pdf on the SpinSemi site with info about using the SpinAsm software.

Also don't feel bad. I had to ask pedalpcb a few questions when I was getting going too.

Last edited:
Hey ph1l
Thanks for your reply , im a bit lost but slowly getting the hang i know il catch on .yeah my issue right now is turning hex to bin to be able to flash my eeprom using the asprogrammer for the pedlpcb dev bard. I tried the instructions he listed in the site about using the comands but im stuck there

I got a bit stuck on that too.

Put the hex file you want to change in the same folder as the srec_cat.exe. In the windows command prompt program, navigate to that folder using the cd (means change directory) command. Then enter the lines from the instructions. Here's my example.

Attachments

• windows cmd example.JPG
    windows cmd example.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 31
In my example I have a folder named srec_cat. It looks like you don't. So maybe remove the "srec_cat" from the folder path (right after mypatch2/)

go into the device listing in your windows hardware. the ch341 is likely to be listed there with an exclamation point showing it is not working. delete it from that list and try to install it again. also, you might want to try using a different usb port on your computer to see if that makes a difference.

Back