fv-1 development board pcb build documents and instructions

Delaystomper

hi , so I purchased the fv1 dev pcb, but there are no build docs. yet are there going to be posted anytime soon ?
also can the board be used with spincad ?

The offboard wirirng is the same as the arachnid. It'd be nice if the board holes (IN GND SW OUT) were labeled on the PCB, but I can confirm they're in the same order as the arachnid wiring diagram.

PedalPCB posted this schematic on the forum a while ago, I don't remember which thread. FV1Dev-Schematic.jpg

Excellent il take a look at it and try it out . It would be nice if haf some well good instructions to download . I stoped there because i wasnt sure no the get ASMprogramer working properly
Thank you very much

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could chime in... I think those values will work fine, I believe the capacitor just helps smooth the startup an shutdown of the crystal. If it were me, I'd solder in a socket instead of the cap directly. Then you can test with your values, and late when you get the correct values, you could solder then into the sockets just to be sure.

Again, maybe someone will confirm that your values are fine and you can just go for it.

Hi friends , Im running windows 7 trying to install Asprogrammer. Yet I belive k might have installed it wrong because it does not want to read the usb chip . Can anyone report the proper way to install the Asprogrammer please very much would apreciate any help thanks

Yes the chip is selected like the pedalpcb instruction . power is on usb plugged and when i click read it fails to read the usb chip. I have restart it , unplugged it and mothing asprogrammer displays a mesage not reading the usb chip

it sounds like you may not have the drivers installed on your PC for the USB chip. that would at least explain why the USB chip does not show up in your program.

do your instructions cover where to find the drivers that you need to install on your PC?

Sorry I don't have any good ideas how to help there. I guess you could try checking for continuity from the usb jack to the pins of the ch341a, or try downloading the ASProgrammer on a different PC. Or just keep trying, maybe the usb drivers didn't load.

I think I Got it for some reason the drivers didnt download right for my PC . I installed drivers from amother site for the ch341 chip and they worked . Its reading the chip now .
Phewwww. Thats done at least .
Thanks everyone for your help

so i recently got one of the fv-1 dev boards that spin semiconductor makes and have been having a lot of fun using it as an effects send/return on my mixer. my bandmate really loves what i've been able to do with it and is wanting basically the same thing but in a form factor that makes sense on a pedal board. the pedal pcb dev board looks perfect, but i have zero experience with pedal building. i feel confident i can build it, so long as i have some solid instructions. are there any idiot proof instructions/documents around? any one got a bom they could share? i have a soldering iron and all the right tools and stuff.

also, i've had great success using virtualbox on my mac to run windows 7 (and windows xp on another mac) to use the spinasm and spincad software. i highly recommend anyone using a mac to get virtualbox as it's very easy to install and use. should you encounter any hiccups in setting it up, there are lots of helpful documents and tutorials available to help guide you through configuring virtualbox to get it to do what you need it to. plus, it's free and open-source!

Last edited:
Idk if there's a bom on here yet, but the schem is posted on this thread, an all the values are visible on the image of the PCB.

I'll just note a few things
- tayda is a pretty good/ cheap source for all the parts needed for this build.
- use MLCC caps (available here and on tayda) for the 1uF capacitors
-select for PedalPCB to solder the 2 smd chips, all the other parts are through hole
- use dip sockets for the chips (op amp and eeprom)
-use right angle PCB mount 16mm pots (with the plastic cover over the metal like all the ones on tayda)
- make sure the toggle sw is on-off-on and make sure it's not momentary
-follow the off board wiring from the arachnid build docs (but I'd also recommend taking time to understand it thoroughly so you can troubleshoot if needed)
-look through the eeproms available on here, there are some nice ones
-feel free to ask more questions

This site has folks that offer helpful suggestions when you encounter problems on a build, but there are some good basic "how to" guides you can find on other sites that will give you more guidance to get started. Take a look at the guides at guitarpcb.com and "tutorials" page at madbean.com

you guys are great, thanks so much for the helpful initial pointers. i'll see if i can put together an order on tayda of all the necessary components before i pull the trigger on ordering the pcb. i will also check out the resources suggested by zgrav. thanks again for the responses and for taking kindly to my absolute noob questions. i'll definitely be poppin back in with more questions ?. also, if there is a better thread for me to talk specifically about building the fv-1 dev board, feel free to point me in that direction. thanks!

Hey friends can anyone shine a light ? I found some nice patches online but they are spincad files and some are spinasm . So i know that asprogrammer only takes .bin files . And this is where my issue is , i cant figure out how to convert them to .bin i tried the asprogrammer -scripts but it wont work i am missing something there that i am not doing right . Can anyone list their process when converting spincad or spinasm files to .bin and writing to the eeprom. ? Thanks
I know its alot to anwer but it would be such help for the rest of us having the ame issue.

Back