General Tso Compressor (Thorpy Fat General)

It’s really not that bad; maybe 10 minutes with a good file. Sometimes for a control panel on a project I would need 8 or 10, nicely lined up, and, as a shop charging by the hour, hated to sink a few hours into something so “trivial.” For larger rectangles, Greenlee makes chassis punches.

I just noticed the rectangular hole!

What’s your technique for doing that?
This is sort of unfortunate; for doing just a few (unless you own a water jet system…) it’s pretty much drill a hole and file it into a rectangle. The cast aluminum is very soft though, and files pretty fast. If you can spring for them, good quality (expect to spend ~€15 each) diamond files are worth it. But even more importantly, if you file with some running water, to keep the aluminum dust from jamming the file, it helps a lot. For little rectangles like this, a square file (3mm) and a small flat file (ideally one that has one narrow edge smooth) make a good team.
I just used Tayda's drill tool and had them cut the rectangle.

What @Alan W said, yeah, no thanks :ROFLMAO:.

Brilliant! I knew they did odd cuts on the top surface, but didn’t connect that they also did the walls, even though they obviously drill there.

Do you have the drill template for the jacks/DC? Do you know if it’s the same for the PPCB power I/O module?

I have the drill template for my board, yes. Mine may be the same Mine does not have the same drill coordinates as the PedalPCB version you linked. The jacks on my board mount opposite of the jacks on the PedalPCB I/O module.

Last edited:
Thanks @Brett was worth a shot. Yours are super neat.
I have a few of the PPCB boards I would lien to use. I was unwilling to do a round home but now Tayda do square ones that’s a game changer!! Might have to start measuring up.

Last edited:
Back