SOLVED Germanium fuzz not working

Johnnyorange500

Hi,

I’m having a bit of trouble with my Germanium fuzz face build. I seem to think I’ve soldered every wire correctly but I’m not getting any fuzz through the pedal. There’s just a dry guitar signal coming through the bypass and it also switches it off too. So I’m guessing the foot switch and input and output jacks are fine. I’ve just bought a new 9v battery too. All the capacitors and transistors are giving off an electric reading so they haven't burned out. I’m completely baffled as to why it’s not working. Would be very great full for some advice.

Johnny

Positive ground? Also, I think this is a production unit.
Well standard 9V battery connectors would have positive on the red wire and negative on the black wire. I can't see a red wire going to the board form the battery, it look like it's going to a pot or to a jack... that would make me think he's sending positive to the ground rail and the ground wire to VCC rail.

Well standard 9V battery connectors would have positive on the red wire and negative on the black wire. I can't see a red wire going to the board form the battery, it look like it's going to a pot or to a jack... that would make me think he's sending positive to the ground rail and the ground wire to VCC rail.
Hi, so I’ve made a mistake? What do I need to do to rectify it so it will work. So follow what you’ve said on this about changing the battery wires.

Hi, so I’ve made a mistake? What do I need to do to rectify it so it will work. So follow what you’ve said on this about changing the battery wires.
Ok before you change anything please confirm the following:

Where does the red wire of the battery connector go ?
Where does the black wire of the battery connector go ?
If you put your red probe on the solder point of the red wire battery and your black probe on the solder point of the black wire, do you read +9V or -9V ?

OK, so the 7.19 where were your probe ? Black on the boar and and red on the jack ?
Hi, I’ve swapped my multimeter as it was faulty found another one. And I got a reading of 9.20 from the wires from the battery into the input jack and from the wire going into the board (positive into the input jack (negative into the board.

Back